The $7 Drugstore Eyeshadow Palette You Need In Your Makeup Collection
It’s been a hot minute since I shared a beauty post – so I thought I’d share one of my few favorite makeup finds under $10. I’m constantly looking for high end makeup dupes – and I found a drugstore makeup palette that lives up to its high end inspiration! The Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow is iconic for its gorgeous rose gold shades and peachy sweet scent. However, the the $50 price tag may not be for you if you’re on a budget. Fear not, I can tell you first hand the Covergirl TruNaked Peach Punch Eyeshadow Palette is a nearly identical dupe. The velvety formula is highly pigmented and would be gorgeous against any skin tone. Seriously, the pigmentation blows me away. You only need a small amount of product for it to pop! It also has a delicious peach fragrance. Don’t worry, it’s subtle – but it makes application all the more fun! I was worried the scent would irritate my sensitive skin – but all is well!
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
Achieving this peachy parfait look is easier than it looks. The key to achieving this look is using an eyeshadow brush that allows you to blend, blend, blend!
- Throw the eyeshadow applicator in the palette straight in the garbage. It’s a total piece of garbage and offensive to the palette if I’m honest. Your eyeshadow will not look the same with the brush that comes in the palette. I promise. Instead, I used this eyeshadow brush for application.
- Prime your eyelids. Use your favorite eyeshadow primer or foundation (I apply my foundation to my eyelids) to ensure the eyeshadow can reach its full potential to POP!
- Apply a neutral shade over your eyelids. To begin, I applied the first shadow on the left across the entirety of my eyelid.
- Apply a darker shade to your crease. To create depth, I added a mixture of the 3rd and 6th shade (from the left). I gently brushed these shades into my crease and blended out.
- Add some shimmer! I applied a mix of the 5th, 6th and 7th shades (from the left) to the outer corner of my eyes on the top and bottom. This added more sass to the look!
- Add a highlighter to the base of your eyebrows. To make my eyebrows look fierce, I applied the first shade in the palette underneath my eyebrows.
- Blend, blend, blend! Once done my eye look, I took my eyeshadow brush and gently “dusted” across all the shades to avoid any harsh pigmentation.
- Add highlighter to your cheekbones. The great thing about this palette is its versatility. To create a cohesive look – I applied one of the shades from my eyes (5th shade from the left) to the top of my cheekbones!
The Covergirl TruNudes palette collection comes in six stunning color combinations! I also own the “805 Nudes” collection (pictured above) and will be picking up the others shortly!